Bethesda is known for its diverse culture, eclectic restaurants, and its proximity to Washington DC.
People visit Bethesda to experience the rich culture, dine in restaurants with different ethnic foods, enjoy historical theaters, and shop. The distance from Washington DC to Bethesda is a mere eight miles. If you are visiting Washington for business or to see family or the many attractions there, you can use Lyft service or even bike to visit Bethesda. There are local bus lines that travel from Bethesda to DC and back. Bethesda is a thriving urban mecca.
Even with social distancing in place in 2020 and 2021, people are visiting Bethesda and enjoying the scenery as well as food. Sometimes it may be outside seating next to a heater or to go.
Best Sites and Restaurants in Bethesda MD
- Strathmore - It boasts a nearly 2000 seat theater and a music center along with outdoor stages for music festivals and events. Explore 16 acres and all the Strathmore has to offer.
- Pike & Rose — Looking for adult fun at one of the best local evening and weekend venues? Try Pike & Rose for dining, shopping, adult bowling, and live events all under one roof.
- Bethesda Row — A close second to Pike & Rose is Bethesda Row, where you can enjoy unique local shops (including the latest fashions, home accessories, and boutiques). Looking for dining or a cafe? Bethesda Row has that too. Be sure to check out Hawkers Asian Street Food and Chiko Chinese-Korean food.
- Chef Tony’s — Looking for an Italian restaurant not to miss in Bethesda? This is it. Tony’s has all the classic Italian meals you crave, plus incredible fresh seafood.
- Taste of Bethesda - If you happen to be in Washington DC in October, you must check out the Taste of Bethesda with 60 restaurants supplying the best of the best local foods. Sample some of everything and wear loose clothing. This one is kid-friendly with face painting and children’s crafts.
Staying near the action in Bethesda can be both convenient and inexpensive. If you are looking to rent a room in off-peak times, there are many to choose from in the $30 to $50 per night range. Bethesda also has tiny houses convenient to the action. Many people visiting DC stay in Bethesda and commute for convenience and affordability. If you are in Bethesda, remember NYC is just a bus ride away. Luxury bus travel is available on Tripper Bus with bus routes daily between Bethesda and New York City.