Admittedly we are biased when it comes to bus travel. It’s of course our method of choice. When we opened Tripper Bus over a decade ago we had a desire to give New Yorkers and Washingtonians a better way to travel to and from NYC and the DC suburbs without having to go into Washington, DC and then back out to the suburbs or vice versa.
For quite some time travel by bus was looked down upon as a means to get to a destination. Fast forward to 2020, bus travel has changed as has it’s perception. Today bus travel is often preferred in lieu of other methods. Especially when it comes to direct destination travel.
Passengers have the opportunity to board luxury coach’s complete with amenities. Coaches are well cared for and clean. New and comfortable. When Tripper Bus began operation over a decade ago we aimed to be a part of something new. Our goal was to change the perception of bus travel and provide passengers with a quality, affordable and efficient service to get to their desired destination. Now with over 5 awards for Best Bus to NYC from the Washington City Paper reader’s poll, a stellar review from the Washington Post and several other honors later, we’re a top choice for residents of Arlington, Bethesda and the surrounding communities and New Yorkers who want a simple way to access the DC area suburbs and Manhattan.
Here are a few things you need to know about our transportation service:
- It’s all about the details. Every bus gets a detailed nightly when returning from travel. Our buses are also cleaned in between trips.
- You’ll notice our buses are well maintained and updated. We are continually adding to our fleet and retiring buses that have served us well.
- Tripper Buses are equipped with complimentary WIFI and electrical outlets to keep you connected why you commute.
- On board enjoy complimentary movie packages on most of our buses allowing you access to movies and television series on your personal device.
- The customer experience is a big deal to us. Our standards are high when it comes to customer service. From the moment you check in to when you arrive at your destination, we want you to feel welcome and well cared for on board. Our team value’s all feedback both positive and negative. We like knowing what you enjoyed, and the areas we can improve to serve you better.
Tripper Bus offers two options for passengers to choose from. Our standard Tripper Bus, and our Tripper Elite Bus service which boasts of fewer seats, captain’s chairs and more leg room. Both of our services provide comfort and convenience. Tripper Bus picks up and drops off in Rosslyn, Virginia, Bethesda, Maryland and in Midtown Manhattan just outside of Penn Station.
It’s wonderful seeing familiar faces each week. Some of our passengers have been with us since the beginning and still use our service today. There’s no greater compliment. If you need to travel between NYC and the DC suburbs, we invite you to give Tripper Bus a try.